- High in folate--essential for a healthy cardiovascular system. When folate levels are low, blood levels of homocysteine rise which increases the risk for heart disease.
- Folate is also an essential B-vitamin for fetal nervous system development, so pregnant women need to consume proper amounts.
- High in the cancer-fighting antioxidants glutathione and protodioscin.
- A very good source of potassium.
- Historically has been used to treat the swelling of arthritis & rheumatism and may be useful for treating PMS-related water retention.
- Contains inulin for intestinal health.
- Due to naturally-occurrng substances called purines, should be avoided by individuals with gout or kidney problems.
- Excellent source of vitamin K, the B vitamin folate, vitamin C, vitamin A. Asparagus is a very good source of numerous B vitamins - including vitamin B1, B2, B3 and B6 - as well as dietary fiber, manganese, copper, phosphorus, potassium and protein.
- High in the powerful antioxidant lycopene.
Pictures are for display purposes only--actual products/decorations may vary.
Remember that ANY healthy gift basket can be decorated for ANY occasion!
Basket will be decorated with YOUR recipient/occasion in mind!
Unforeseen high demands may occasionally necessitate an item substitution in a basket. The substitution will always be of equal or greater value. In addition, we reserve the right to suspend the shipping of chocolate when temperatures could cause melting. Typically we substitute other products for chocolate from May-September, but unusually warm weather my necessitate substitutions at other times of the year. Please contact us if you need additional information.
The information provided on the WellBaskets.com site is intended for your general knowledge only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. You should not use this information to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease without consulting with a qualified healthcare provider. Please consult your healthcare provider with any questions or concerns you may have regarding your condition. Allergy statements (gluten free, dairy free, etc) are based on statements from individual food manufacturers. Well Baskets LLC assumes no liability for claims made by food companies. Always read labels to check ingredients if severely allergic.