Chick Peas/Garbanzo Beans
- Dried beans supply complex carbohydrates and are also a rich source of protein.
- Beans are also an excellent source of dietary fiber, half of which is soluble fiber.
- Beans are also an excellent source of folate (folic acid), with adzuki beans, black-eyed peas, lentils, and pinto beans the leading choices for this important B vitamin.
- Most beans are also great sources of iron, zinc, potassium, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, and thiamin.
- The complex carbohydrates and fiber in beans pump up metabolism by keeping insulin levels low after eating. This is important because spikes in insulin production signal the body that it's time to store fat, at which time your metabolism slows down and you burn fewer calories.
- Contain a cancer-fighting compound, inositol pentakisphosphate, that inhibits a key pathway in cancer cell growth.
- Good source of cholesterol-lowering fiber.
- Their high-fiber content helps keep blood sugar levels from rising too rapidly after a meal, making them beneficial for individuals with diabetes, insulin resistance or hypoglycemia.
- Source of the trace mineral, molybdenum, an integral component of the enzyme sulfite oxidase, which is responsible for detoxifying sulfites.
Pictures are for display purposes only--actual products/decorations may vary.
Remember that ANY healthy gift basket can be decorated for ANY occasion!
Basket will be decorated with YOUR recipient/occasion in mind!
Unforeseen high demands may occasionally necessitate an item substitution in a basket. The substitution will always be of equal or greater value. In addition, we reserve the right to suspend the shipping of chocolate when temperatures could cause melting. Typically we substitute other products for chocolate from May-September, but unusually warm weather my necessitate substitutions at other times of the year. Please contact us if you need additional information.
The information provided on the WellBaskets.com site is intended for your general knowledge only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. You should not use this information to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease without consulting with a qualified healthcare provider. Please consult your healthcare provider with any questions or concerns you may have regarding your condition. Allergy statements (gluten free, dairy free, etc) are based on statements from individual food manufacturers. Well Baskets LLC assumes no liability for claims made by food companies. Always read labels to check ingredients if severely allergic.