Common Cold Prevention/Relief
A good diet can help reduce susceptibility to catching colds and can also help reduce the severity of cold symptoms. For maximum benefits consume:
- Zinc is an important trace mineral for proper immune function. It may weaken the cold virus, and, when taken at the first signs of illness, may minimize the duration and severity of cold and flu symptoms. Zinc is believed to promote a strong immune system by processing the essential fatty acids that encourage healing. Food sources include barley, chicken, wheat, lamb, crab, oysters, beef, turkey.
- Vitamin C is an immunity booster, and, if taken at the first signs of a cold, may keep the cold from fully developing and may promote faster recovery. Consume red cabbage, strawberries, potatoes, tangerines, oranges, red bell pepper, kiwi fruit.
- Allin, allicin, and ajoene found in garlic help regulate mucous flow and may be helpful in reducing congestion.
- Horseradish contains allyl isothiocyanate, a compound that helps thin mucous.
- Chili peppers contain capsaicin which acts as a mucous-moving agent.
Pictures are for display purposes only--actual products/decorations may vary.
Remember that ANY healthy gift basket can be decorated for ANY occasion!
Basket will be decorated with YOUR recipient/occasion in mind!
Unforeseen high demands may occasionally necessitate an item substitution in a basket. The substitution will always be of equal or greater value. In addition, we reserve the right to suspend the shipping of chocolate when temperatures could cause melting. Typically we substitute other products for chocolate from May-September, but unusually warm weather my necessitate substitutions at other times of the year. Please contact us if you need additional information.
The information provided on the WellBaskets.com site is intended for your general knowledge only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. You should not use this information to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease without consulting with a qualified healthcare provider. Please consult your healthcare provider with any questions or concerns you may have regarding your condition. Allergy statements (gluten free, dairy free, etc) are based on statements from individual food manufacturers. Well Baskets LLC assumes no liability for claims made by food companies. Always read labels to check ingredients if severely allergic.