Studies indicate that this tomato carotenoid has a myriad of health benefits:
- Lycopene is a powerful antioxidant that helps neutralize the damaging effects of free radicals.
- Lycopene is deposited in the liver, lungs, prostate gland, colon and skin. Its concentration in body tissues tends to be higher than all other carotenoids.
- Lycopene is particularly concentrated in the testes and may have a positive influence on male fertility by improving sperm count and motility.
- High intake of lycopene-containing vegetables is associated with lower risk of cancers of the digestive tract, prostate, lung, cervix, and skin.
- Lycopene is possibly associated with a reduced risk of macular degeneration.
Leading food sources of lycopene include tomatoes, pink grapefruit, and guava. Lycopene is best available to the body when processed into juice, sauce, paste, and ketchup.
Pictures are for display purposes only--actual products/decorations may vary.
Remember that ANY healthy gift basket can be decorated for ANY occasion!
Basket will be decorated with YOUR recipient/occasion in mind!
Unforeseen high demands may occasionally necessitate an item substitution in a basket. The substitution will always be of equal or greater value. In addition, we reserve the right to suspend the shipping of chocolate when temperatures could cause melting. Typically we substitute other products for chocolate from May-September, but unusually warm weather my necessitate substitutions at other times of the year. Please contact us if you need additional information.
The information provided on the WellBaskets.com site is intended for your general knowledge only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. You should not use this information to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease without consulting with a qualified healthcare provider. Please consult your healthcare provider with any questions or concerns you may have regarding your condition. Allergy statements (gluten free, dairy free, etc) are based on statements from individual food manufacturers. Well Baskets LLC assumes no liability for claims made by food companies. Always read labels to check ingredients if severely allergic.