Mushrooms are low in carbohydrates, calories, and sodium and are cholesterol and fat free. They are also a good source of niacin, pantothenate, riboflavin, and copper.
In addition, mushrooms:
- Help lower cholesterol
- Help prevent cancer and inhibit tumor growth. Shiitake mushrooms, in particular, may contain a virus capable of producing interferon to help fight cancer.
- Contain immune system-boosting polysaccharides (especially shiitake, oyster, enokidake, and maitake).
- Contain terpenoids that help kill bacteria and viruses and exert anti-inflammatory effects
- Benefit ulcers, high or low blood pressure, liver problems, allergies, and autoimmune diseases (shiitake).
- Maitake mushrooms can hamper growth and spread of cancer cells, protect normal cells from environmental carcinogens, reduce side effects of and augment chemotherapy, stimulate anti-tumor and anti-microbial activity, and help to halt HIV proliferation. The National Cancer Institute declared Maitake more powerful than AZT, with no toxic side effects. Those with high blood pressure can expect a gradual decrease and Maitake also reduces blood and liver cholesterol and triglycerides, thus reducing risk of stroke and heart disease.
- Oyster mushrooms contain fiber, vitamins B1, B2, and iron. This mushroom has antitumor, immune boosting, anti-inflammatory, antiviral, and antibiotic properties.
- Crimini and Portabello contain a variety of B complex vitamins, are an excellent source of riboflavin, pantothenic acid and niacin, are a very good source of thiamine, vitamin B6 and a good source of folate. Selenium, lysine, protein, zinc, copper , manganese and iron are more benefits of eating this mushroom.
- Morel contain protein, vitamin D and vitamin B, including riboflavin, niacin and thiamine. Minerals include potassium, copper and selenium.
- Porcini contain niacin, potassium, selenium and protein.
- Wood Ear has shown antitumor and cholesterol-lowering properties. They contain Vitamin B, C, D and iron.
- Reishi mushrooms increase vitality, improve coronary arteries, inhibit platelet aggregation, normalize blood pressure, relieve stress and asthma and prevent and treat certain types of cancer and other degenerative diseases. The beta-glucans found in Reishi support the body's immune system in fighting cancer cells and countering the effects of aging. Reishi also works as an antihistamine by inhibiting agents that cause cold symptoms, hay fever, asthma, and allergies and promotes respiratory health.
Pictures are for display purposes only--actual products/decorations may vary.
Remember that ANY healthy gift basket can be decorated for ANY occasion!
Basket will be decorated with YOUR recipient/occasion in mind!
Unforeseen high demands may occasionally necessitate an item substitution in a basket. The substitution will always be of equal or greater value. In addition, we reserve the right to suspend the shipping of chocolate when temperatures could cause melting. Typically we substitute other products for chocolate from May-September, but unusually warm weather my necessitate substitutions at other times of the year. Please contact us if you need additional information.
The information provided on the WellBaskets.com site is intended for your general knowledge only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. You should not use this information to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease without consulting with a qualified healthcare provider. Please consult your healthcare provider with any questions or concerns you may have regarding your condition. Allergy statements (gluten free, dairy free, etc) are based on statements from individual food manufacturers. Well Baskets LLC assumes no liability for claims made by food companies. Always read labels to check ingredients if severely allergic.