Think of seaweed as "seaweird?" Get over it!! Seaweed is great for you and DELICIOUS! Check out all the ways it's healthy:
- Natural Source of Iodine which is important for the thyroid, immune system, and female hormone regulation.
- Kelp protects against radiation poisoning due to its high iodine content.
- Kelp's high levels of iodine help to regulate thyroid hormones.
- Cultures whose diets are rich in kelp, have lower rates of ovarian, breast, and endometrial cancer.
- The fucoidan in kelp has been shown in studies to have the ability to induce apoptosis (cell death) in cancer cells and also functions as a powerful anti-inflammatory.
- Sea vegetables contain antioxidants not found in other vegetables and researchers are still discovering all the benefits they might have.
- Kelp is a great natural source of iron.
- High in vitamins (B1, B6, C), vegetable protein, fiber, iron and other minerals and trace elements necessary to maintain good health.
For centuries, new mothers in Korea have replenished themselves with seaweed soup to assist them in their postpartum recovery and rejuvenation. According to ancient Korean folklore, this postpartum tradition was learned from observing female whales that would seek out and eat strands of seaweed after giving birth.
Pictures are for display purposes only--actual products/decorations may vary.
Remember that ANY healthy gift basket can be decorated for ANY occasion!
Basket will be decorated with YOUR recipient/occasion in mind!
Unforeseen high demands may occasionally necessitate an item substitution in a basket. The substitution will always be of equal or greater value. In addition, we reserve the right to suspend the shipping of chocolate when temperatures could cause melting. Typically we substitute other products for chocolate from May-September, but unusually warm weather my necessitate substitutions at other times of the year. Please contact us if you need additional information.
The information provided on the WellBaskets.com site is intended for your general knowledge only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. You should not use this information to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease without consulting with a qualified healthcare provider. Please consult your healthcare provider with any questions or concerns you may have regarding your condition. Allergy statements (gluten free, dairy free, etc) are based on statements from individual food manufacturers. Well Baskets LLC assumes no liability for claims made by food companies. Always read labels to check ingredients if severely allergic.