Health Benefits of Soy:
- Soybeans have been shown to contain several types of anti-carcinogens.
- Soyfoods are excellent sources of highly bioavailable calcium and can help reduce the risk of developing osteoporosis.
- Adding soy protein to the diet, or replacing animal protein in the diet with soy, lowers blood cholesterol.
- Soybeans contain phytoestrogens (isoflavones) and appear to offer benefits to women by interfering with the growth of estrogen-dependent tumors, reducing menopausal symptoms, promoting bone health, protecting against heart disease through antioxidant activity and reducing cholesterol levels.
- Soy contains a high amount of protein, including all of the eight essential amino acids not manufactured by the human body.
- Soy is also a rich source of calcium, iron, zinc phosphorus, magnesium, vitamin B, omega 3 fatty acids and fiber.
- Soy has been shown to prevent and treat chronic diseases including heart, kidney and liver diseases as well as osteoporosis, diabetes, and arthritis.
- Soy has been shown to greatly reduce menopausal and PMS symptoms.
- Soy consumption has been linked to lower rates of lung, breast, prostate, and colon cancers.
- Soy boosts immunity. Studies have shown the soybean peptides can boost the immune system.
- Soy helps soften, tighten, replenish, and prevent dry wrinkled skin.
- Soy is a natural estrogen helping to reduce Alzheimer disease. Soy lecithin is an important source of phospholipids-phosphatidy serine, which improves memory, concentration, and mood.
- Soy contains several important 'isoflavones', including genistein and daidzein - antioxidants which protect cells from damage caused by 'free radicals'.
Pictures are for display purposes only--actual products/decorations may vary.
Remember that ANY healthy gift basket can be decorated for ANY occasion!
Basket will be decorated with YOUR recipient/occasion in mind!
Unforeseen high demands may occasionally necessitate an item substitution in a basket. The substitution will always be of equal or greater value. In addition, we reserve the right to suspend the shipping of chocolate when temperatures could cause melting. Typically we substitute other products for chocolate from May-September, but unusually warm weather my necessitate substitutions at other times of the year. Please contact us if you need additional information.
The information provided on the WellBaskets.com site is intended for your general knowledge only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. You should not use this information to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease without consulting with a qualified healthcare provider. Please consult your healthcare provider with any questions or concerns you may have regarding your condition. Allergy statements (gluten free, dairy free, etc) are based on statements from individual food manufacturers. Well Baskets LLC assumes no liability for claims made by food companies. Always read labels to check ingredients if severely allergic.