Vitamin A (Beta Carotene)
Beta-Carotene is a powerful antioxidant carotenoid which the body converts into vitamin A.
- Can help maintain optimal respiratory and immune function.
- Counters the effects of cell-damaging molecules called free-radicals.
- May guard against heart diease by keeping harmful LDL cholesterol from damaging the heart and coronary arteries.
- May prevent, and, in some cases, reverse, precancerous conditions affecting the breast, mucous membranes, throat, mouth, stomach, prostate, colon, cervix, and bladder. To be most effective, must work in conjunction with vitamins C and E and selenium.
- Vital for vision, healthy skin, mucous membranes, reproduction, and growth of bones & teeth.
- Enhances immunity.
Can be found in protein sources such as liver, fortified reduced-fat milk, and eggs. Available as beta-carotene in fruits and vegetables including carrots, mango, sweet potatoes, spinach, cantaloupe, kale, sweet red pepper, apricots, broccoli, peaches, papaya, and oranges.
Pictures are for display purposes only--actual products/decorations may vary.
Remember that ANY healthy gift basket can be decorated for ANY occasion!
Basket will be decorated with YOUR recipient/occasion in mind!
Unforeseen high demands may occasionally necessitate an item substitution in a basket. The substitution will always be of equal or greater value. In addition, we reserve the right to suspend the shipping of chocolate when temperatures could cause melting. Typically we substitute other products for chocolate from May-September, but unusually warm weather my necessitate substitutions at other times of the year. Please contact us if you need additional information.
The information provided on the WellBaskets.com site is intended for your general knowledge only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. You should not use this information to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease without consulting with a qualified healthcare provider. Please consult your healthcare provider with any questions or concerns you may have regarding your condition. Allergy statements (gluten free, dairy free, etc) are based on statements from individual food manufacturers. Well Baskets LLC assumes no liability for claims made by food companies. Always read labels to check ingredients if severely allergic.